Value investing funds in UK

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a list of funds in the UK that follow an value investing approach? Would really appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 14
    You can do a search for value investing funds in the UK. One I am familiar with, but have never invested with is Schroders. Also there is a good book by a UK value investor, Richard Oldfield, which is titled "Simple but not Easy." His firm is called Oldfield Partners. You can probably find interviews with them on YouTube and possibly other podcasts. Who knows maybe Preston and Stig are planning to have them on their Podcast. What do you say @Preston and @Stig ?
  • I was just looking at my book shelf and noticed another noted UK Deep Value Investor named Jeroen Bos. He manages funds at Church House Investment Management. And guess what he wrote a terrific book titled "Deep Value Investing." What I love about the book is how he applied the Graham and Dodd approach to a number of companies, explains his process and the outcomes, good or bad. It's a fantastic book and you may be more familiar with the companies mentioned in the book. I should note Jeroen Bos is Dutch, but has lived in the U.K. since 1978. The book was published in 2013. I am going to read it again. I am glad I read your question today. Anyway, I hope this gets you off to a good start.

P.S. Another potential guest for @Preston and @Stig
  • Thanks for the suggestion @NetNet

Europe is kinda restricted for practical purposes. With me currently in Korea and Preston in the US, we can't match schedules...

-Stig
  • Hi @Stig

Sorry, I didn't mean to put either one of you on the spot. I can understand the scheduling difficulties. Check out Jeroen Bos though, He's an interesting investor. I think he also worked with Peter Cundill, who was a Canadian Graham and Dodd value investor, but sadly is no longer with us. There have been a few books written about him too, but I think I have probably worn everyone out here with reading suggestions for the time being. Plus this topic is about the U.K.

Take care and have a great day. Have a pint of Guinness on me! :-)