Where should I begin reading?

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to this community (and reading in general) so I wanted to see people thoughts on where I should begin my reading/investment journey as it relates to the books on this site.

Do you think its more important to read books that will change my thinking and outlook, books about behavioral psychology, or go ahead and begin learning accounting and finance?

I want to read all the books on this site so I am pretty overwhelmed about where I should start.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    @ngirgawy

Hi there,

I would recommend starting with 'One up on Wall Street' by Peter Lynch.

https://www.amazon.com/One-Wall-Street-Already-Market/dp/0140127925/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1516566465&sr=1-3&keywords=one+up+on+wall+street

This was the first investing book I read and I found it be easy to read, engaging and full of useful information.

Once you've read that I'd move onto;

'Beating the Street' by Peter Lynch
    'You can be a stock market genius' by Joel Greenblatt
    'The Warren Buffett Way' by Roger Hagstrom
    'Value Investing made easy' by Janet Lowe

Once you've read those you will have a pretty good grounding and you can then move onto some more in-depth books such as 'The Intelligent Investor', 'Security Analysis', 'Value Investing: From Graham to Buffett and Beyond' by Bruce Greenwald and 'Excess Returns' by Frederik Vanhaverbeke.

Regards

David

Answers

• Thanks David! Really appreciate you being so quick to respond to my questions.